information Changes coming to GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

GoDaddy published a post about upcoming changes to GoDaddy auctions. As we look to the future of GoDaddy Auctions, we’re looking closely at how GoDaddy can best support domain name sellers. In order to better serve sellers, we’ll be focusing our resources on Afternic for selling domain names. Meanwhile, GoDaddy Auctions will focus its attention […]

GoDaddy auctions is for buying, Afternic for selling. No more 7 day public auctions

Continue Reading

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic will be the way to list domains for sale (Buy it Now and Offer/Counteroffer), and we'll be retiring 7 day public auctions.
Just to be clear on this.

As far as offer/counter offer. You're not replacing what you had at GoDaddy right? There you had offers on the auction platform, the only way to do offer/counter offer now is via landing page?

The domains I have at Afternic are all priced for the fast transfer network.

My landing pages are Dan with prices so the options are Buy Now or Lease.

Now, there is no offer anywhere unless I enable it on the landing page, which I don't want to do because that would kill sales.

You're not going to have an auction platform where people can list domains and take offers, what you had at GoDaddy?

I don't really see how you can get more sales out of this, rather you should get less thru your platforms. You're taking away the offer/counter offer sales that happened. And the sales for those who used the 7 day auctions.

Usually anytime a move is made it's either going to have a positive or negative impact. I can't figure out where you gain more sales from this move, I can see less sales.

Last edited:
•••
Just to be clear on this.

As far as offer/counter offer. You're not replacing what you had at GoDaddy right? There you had offers on the auction platform, the only way to do offer/counter offer now is via landing page?

The domains I have at Afternic are all priced for the fast transfer network.

My landing pages are Dan with prices so the options are Buy Now or Lease.

Now, there is no offer anywhere unless I enable it on the landing page, which I don't want to do because that would kill sales.

You're not going to have an auction platform where people can list domains and take offers, what you had at GoDaddy?

I don't really see how you can get more sales out of this, rather you should get less thru your platforms. You're taking away the offer/counter offer sales that happened. And the sales for those who used the 7 day auctions. Can't figure out where you gain more sales.
sounds like something wrong there

Last edited:
•••
Just went thru the thread again. Comments from 7 different members:

7 day public auctions are a good way to sell domains fast or that people no longer want.

7 days auction is what works for me. but sadly they will remove it for no reason.

I actually get sales from this part. Part of my routine of listing domains is to put them for Offer/Counteroffer at GoDaddy.

My domain flipping domain business is highly replied on the 7-day public auctions, now they removed it, and destory my business completely.

Wait but I like auctions to clear my names sometimes though. Why did they take this away.

If you want your company making more profit, then you should EXPAND your market - NOT limit them.

This really is a big negative hit with very short notice!
----------------------------

That doesn't read to me as a more sales move. Less sales for domainers thru your platforms = less money for you.

It could be right in front of me and I'm missing it, but can somebody show me where the gain is.

Last edited:
•••
This really is a big negative hit with very short notice!

Yes, the short notice has been upsetting to some on NP, and I'm sorry that this is causinig an upheaval in your domain business.
I'm glad you found the 7-day- auction effective. For others, like myself, their auction platform was of no benefit. So perhaps your experience was unusual compared to a lot of other folks?
----------------------------

That doesn't read to me as a more sales move. Less sales for domainers thru your platforms = less money for you.

It could be right in front of me and I'm missing it, but can somebody show me where the gain is.
Expiring and expired domaiins have become such a popular auction item. So the reality may be that this may be highly profitable for the company, including their stockholders? So perhaps the business model made sense for them, albeit potentially to the detriment of some domain investors?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back