IT.COM

information How can we bring liquidity to the domain name business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
There have been times and certain segments when domains were liquid, such as traffic domains sold at multiples and the current three letter .com craze. But for the most part and for most domains, there’s a complete lack of liquidity.
In practice, there are a number of challenges to getting people to assign a price they’d pay for each of your domains. It would be a lot of work if they aren’t sure you’ll agree to sell the domains at the highest assigned priced. And for the seller, if you do guarantee a sale, you’d basically be putting all of your domains in a no reserve auction.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for share, i personally love Allemann posts!

•••
There have been times and certain segments when domains were liquid, such as traffic domains sold at multiples and the current three letter .com craze. But for the most part and for most domains, there’s a complete lack of liquidity.
In practice, there are a number of challenges to getting people to assign a price they’d pay for each of your domains. It would be a lot of work if they aren’t sure you’ll agree to sell the domains at the highest assigned priced. And for the seller, if you do guarantee a sale, you’d basically be putting all of your domains in a no reserve auction.
Read More

Create lots more demand for domains, even .com's. Here's how: Clean up the industry. Shun the auction cheats, and don't hire them to speak at domainer conventions. Don't act as a Buyer on any auction site or auction platform site that allows its employees to bid against you without informing you that you're bidding against an employee of that auction site. You think everyone in the domain auction business is playing on the up-and-up? You're sadly mistaken if you do. Just Google "domain auction scandal" and enjoy getting smart.

Lots of important people have waded into the domain aftermarket and associated conventions, then disappeared thereafter after getting a first-hand look at the "players" running amok, greedily cheating and clawing their way to the cash in YOUR pocket.

•••
•••
best way of bringing liquidity to your domains is researching and buying domains at great prices which takes some work and research going through domains but money doesnt come easy. Have to put the time in.

•••
Create lots more demand for domains, even .com's. Here's how: Clean up the industry. Shun the auction cheats, and don't hire them to speak at domainer conventions. Don't act as a Buyer on any auction site or auction platform site that allows its employees to bid against you without informing you that you're bidding against an employee of that auction site. You think everyone in the domain auction business is playing on the up-and-up? You're sadly mistaken if you do. Just Google "domain auction scandal" and enjoy getting smart.

Lots of important people have waded into the domain aftermarket and associated conventions, then disappeared thereafter after getting a first-hand look at the "players" running amok, greedily cheating and clawing their way to the cash in YOUR pocket.

This sounds familiar. Oh. More of the normal nonsense.

•••
This sounds familiar. Oh. More of the normal nonsense.

Didn't you work for Flippa? Or still do? I'm not sure, I think I read that here. Flippa. You know, the company that allowed (or still allows perhaps) its employees to bid against clueless outside bidders in Flippa auctions, as long as the Seller knows about it. Aren't you the guy who writes outrageous stuff here, then the Flippa rep has to post after you explaining that you really didn't mean what you wrote? Aren't you that guy?

•••
Didn't you work for Flippa? Or still do? I'm not sure, I think I read that here. Flippa. You know, the company that allowed (or still allows perhaps) its employees to bid against clueless outside bidders in Flippa auctions, as long as the Seller knows about it. Aren't you the guy who writes outrageous stuff here, then the Flippa rep has to post after you explaining that you really didn't mean what you wrote? Aren't you that guy?

I think you need to get some new material. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back