domains Inherited a lot of domains (2500), looking for guidance

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewpataki

Established Member
Impact
These domains bankrupt my uncle who recently passed. It is a lot of weight for me to juggle during my PhD.

I made an email for inquiries:

[email protected]

Thank you for your help,
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These domains bankrupt my uncle who recently passed. It is a lot of weight for me to juggle during my PhD.

I made an email for inquiries:

[email protected]

Thank you for your help,
Matt
Email sent. I have an mba and have been thinking about getting a PhD myself.

•••
Without doing any research, it's obvious these two are lowballs given wholesale base prices for 3L.orgs and 4L.coms.

(minimum) Base wholesale price for all 4 letter .com's is around $100. Q is not a desirable letter is most cases.

(minimum) Base wholesale price for all 3 letter .org's is a couple hundred bucks. These are strong letters, expect more.
You can buy this four letter domain name for only 9000.

•••
•••
Oh dear, A fellow member has DM'd the list. I feel even more sorry for the OP/inheritor now. If there is 20 domains of even mediocre value, I'd be surprised. I truly hope he realises his uncle didn't have a clue about domains. The whole story is a tragic one. God only knows how bad the dropped three and half thousand were.

All that I can really see going forward is to strip the entire portfolio down to around 20 to 30 that have a decent shot at a resale in the hope these would bring in around $6,000 in total. 200 to 300 each And even that will take time

It's a long list and I've only spent around an hour or so perusing so I truly hope, for the OP there is a Gem or two in there that I have missed. The whole portfolio is indicative of those who dive into domains without trying to understand the Business end of domain value and selling. Sure, the OP has made it clear the uncle didn't intend selling any and ended-up bankrupt. No Wonder

Last edited:
•••
OK Matt, thanks for opening-up with a bit more detail, it's beginning to read like your late uncle enjoyed collecting domains but didn't like the sales market aspect, it happens. Don't worry about the cynics here, there aren't many and they are go quiet when supporting evidence is provided. The best policy is not to bite-back. As a new member keep as many others on your side as possible. Do keep us all UpToDate as the sales progress.

I'd imagine you've got your hands full for now dealing with the renewals. Worth sounding out the members here if your in two minds about renewing or indeed any aspect of the sales process
His best name is girlfriends and a couple of short domains.

•••
yep missed the Girlfriends one. Probably distracted by all the Beads and the Boobs.

Indeed a nice sale awaits for that one

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back