Domain Empire

Looking for a new domain registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

callplace

Impact
Hi guys,

I just got burnt by Namesilo auctioning a customer's expired domain. I suppose .com's should have a 15 day redemption period after the 30 day grace, during which I should still be able to restore it. Their policy however is different.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a domain registrar, which doesn't auction expired domains and just puts them in Redemption? I don't mind if pricing is higher.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi guys,

I just got burnt by Namesilo auctioning a customer's expired domain. I suppose .com's should have a 15 day redemption period after the 30 day grace, during which I should still be able to restore it. Their policy however is different.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a domain registrar, which doesn't auction expired domains and just puts them in Redemption? I don't mind if pricing is higher.
You had two chances. First to renew it before it expired. Second one, on the 30 day grace period after it expired.
Hoping to renew a domain after being expired and after having passed the 30 day grace period, is just playing the roulette, because you may lose definitely that domain.

Anyway, maybe a local or small registrar won't put a domain on auction, but if you didn't renew it after the 30 day grace period, be ready to pay a very high restoration fee.

Last edited:
•••
I just got burnt by Namesilo auctioning a customer's expired domain.

Oy! That must not have been a fun conversation.

can anyone recommend a domain registrar, which doesn't auction expired domains and just puts them in Redemption? I don't mind if pricing is higher.

I understand your concern! This is something I may consider for my domains that I absolutely don't ever want to lose at an expired auction! ie High value domains, personal domains, or what not, where paying a high redemption fee would be a no brainier over losing the domain!

Just a quick Google search, it looks like Squarespace Domains LLC might offer what you're looking for:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/...18-Squarespace-domain-renewals-and-expiration

If your domain registrar is Squarespace Domains LLC, you have 60 days to reactivate your expired domain.

** You might want to confirm with Squarespace what their redemption fee's and what not may be before making the switch.

***I haven't used Squarespace yet, and can't attest to their service.

-- others may have better recommendations.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back