Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Community barn raising is always good to see. Kudos NamePros!

A no commission lander is great for the ~1% of domains sold.
But the community needs a bigger barn. And a better business model.

Making domains profitable to hold is key to selling more domains.

With that in mind, this is what I would add:

1) Rebrand to 'Market Page' / NamePros Market Pages.*
2) Add a Market keyword Press Release RSS Feed beside the form.**
3) Sell NP Market Page Templates to non-members.***

* 'Parking' does not Drive end-user, or virtually any, engagement.
** NP charges 'Name Fencing' Content Distribution Fees via 3rd parties or DIY.
** Domainer names in Content Distribution Packages earn a rev share.
*** Grow domaining (and NP) by solving the unused domain problem.

Geo & NameFencing is a two fisted distribution solution a fragmented web needs to best serve markets. While GeoFencing delivers a 'buck shot' area, NameFencing 'sharp shoots' targeted names and extensions.

U.S. Geofencing market:
From US$ 1,867.2 Million in 2022 to US$ 9,596.6 Million in 2032

Global Geofencing Market:
US$ ~1.95 billion in 2022 | expected growth rate (CAGR) of 21.7% to 2030.

GoDaddy's Parking Portfolio ~best compares to our combined holdings.
"GoDaddy‘s domain portfolio generated over $218 million in 2021."

Domainers can bring value to the table, and stop leaving money on it.

The mission, if accepted: make NamePros the Google of undeveloped names.

Last edited:
•••
** NP charges 'Name Fencing' Content Distribution Fees via 3rd parties or DIY.
** Domainer names in Content Distribution Packages earn a rev share.
*** Grow domaining (and NP) by solving the unused domain problem.

Geo & NameFencing is a two fisted distribution solution a fragmented web needs to best serve markets. While GeoFencing delivers a 'buck shot' area, NameFencing 'sharp shoots' targeted names and extensions.

U.S. Geofencing market:
From US$ 1,867.2 Million in 2022 to US$ 9,596.6 Million in 2032

Global Geofencing Market:
US$ ~1.95 billion in 2022 | expected growth rate (CAGR) of 21.7% to 2030.

GoDaddy's Parking Portfolio ~best compares to our combined holdings.
"GoDaddy‘s domain portfolio generated over $218 million in 2021."

Domainers can bring value to the table, and stop leaving money on it.

The mission, if accepted: make NamePros the Google of undeveloped names.
Fascinating idea!

In order to get deals like that with content providers, we’ll first need a massive network of traffic from parked domains.

So, if anyone wants this to possibly exist as an option on your domains one day, it’s time to park your domains with us. 😊

Thanks for your unique and innovative suggestion!

•••
A lot has changed since I first tested these landers.

I am going to move some domains over in the next couple weeks and give these a test drive.

Brad

•••
Its size is ~24px. For comparison, the text size of this sentence is ~15px.

The text size of this sentence is 22px (smaller than the "Available for sale" text).

It's not that it's small or difficult to read. It's just that it's next to the domain name, which we make really big when possible. That said, the size of the domain name is based on its length.

Check this out:

No alcohol consumed. :giggle:
For sale sign was always bigger than which house was for sale

•••
•••
Having about 200 names parked, I just experienced something.

I'm not in the habit of using a spreadsheet program anymore since the places I have names pointed have what I need included.

It might take too much coding (or I'm missing it somehow) but is there an easy way to see the summary of the parked status of each name? What I'm saying is that it takes several steps to see the status of a name. It would be nice to be able to see if it is actively listed for sale (simple button indicator) is there off accepted, what than min might be, BIN price, etc.

If this is unlikely to happen for whatever reason, please let me know so as I continue to add names I'll have to fire up a spreadsheet.

•••
It would be nice to be able to see if it is actively listed for sale (simple button indicator) is there off accepted, what than min might be, BIN price, etc.
In our next group of small updates, we plan to add pertinent details like BIN and minimum offer to domain lists and each domain's summary area. Those details will also be included in domain exports soon.

Could you explain in more detail what "actively listed for sale" means to you? Domains currently show a verified icon or the text "Unverified" next to them based on their verification status. Are you looking for an indicator of whether that domain is redirecting to a NamePros lander?

Let us know.

•••
The current administrative dashboard has been implemented within the existing forum. This will undoubtedly bring advantages. When expanding the dashboard with many new features and reporting, it would be nice to also be able to use the entire screen space. Suddenly, much more information can be made visible at the same time, without having to cram or click a lot.

Last edited:
•••
Would it be possible for an option to add a short description for the domain somewhere?

•••
In order to get deals like that with content providers, we’ll first need a massive network of traffic from parked domains.
Massive traffic to parked domains?? You know type-ins are their thing.

Adding real-time market keyword content news feeds would be massive on the traffic front and on the market's end-user engagement front.

Also, like geofencing, name fencing is essentially a target marketing tool.
Content providers, of course, do both mass marketing & target marketing.

When you're first with a unique tool that not only can direct a Cause Campaign to .org domains, for example, but also hit its keyword targets;

Make hay while the sun shines!😎 to pitchfork another barn reference.

•••
Are you looking for an indicator of whether that domain is redirecting to a NamePros lander?
Yes. Sorry I wasn't more clear (trying to multitask too many tasks).

It would be nice to see names in list form (or individually if the system is best suited this way) with an indicator if it is actively pointed to NP's. Also on that same line it would be good to see min offer (if there is one) followed by BIN price (if there is one). Things like reg date, expire date, registrar, etc. arent that important to me but might be to others.

•••
The thing I see is needed right now is a way to assign a status for each lead and be able to sort them by status. Examples: confused, "low ball", "in negotiation", "deep pocket", "may buy later".

This will help us a lot after we have hundreds of leads.

•••
Any possibility to automatically direct an email after verification into like say Mailchimp so we can have an multiple email drip campaign running?
Any ideas being pulled from the Reverb.com examples I sent previously?

BTW, thank you for being innovative with your parking and soon to be marketplace platform. :)

•••
indicator if it is actively pointed to NP's.
The verification status should indicate this for most intents and purposes.

Soon, we’ll be continuously verifying daily, which will decrease the delay in detecting if a verification record has been removed (e.g., name servers are removed).

it would be good to see min offer (if there is one) followed by BIN price (if there is one).
Coming soon.

•••
The thing I see is needed right now is a way to assign a status for each lead and be able to sort them by status. Examples: confused, "low ball", "in negotiation", "deep pocket", "may buy later".

This will help us a lot after we have hundreds of leads.
The best (and our recommended) solution is to do this within your email using folders/labels, or within your CRM.

That allows you to find the leads you want and reply to them all from the same location (e.g., Gmail or Outlook).

•••
Content providers, of course, do both mass marketing & target marketing.
Publishers are inundated with offers from services. For us to get their attention and potentially garner their interest, we have to bring something substantial to the table: a massive network of traffic from having lots of domains parked with us. Then there will be incentive for them to work with us.

•••
Any possibility to automatically direct an email after verification into like say Mailchimp so we can have an multiple email drip campaign running?
All major CRM’s have an email address for importing leads into them. You can set that as your parking email address within NamePros Parking.

Most of them also have an email syncing/importing feature so that the CRM can pull leads from your own email account into the CRM.

Is there another option that you need?

Any ideas being pulled from the Reverb.com examples I sent previously?
Not yet, but thanks for keeping it top of mind for us.

BTW, thank you for being innovative with your parking and soon to be marketplace platform. :)
Thank you for your gratitude. 😊

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back