Dynadot

question Afternic BIN change to Make Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
If I change my domains from BIN prices to make an offer only will my domains listed on afternic be taken down from the distribution network?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I change my domains from BIN prices to make an offer only will my domains listed on afternic be taken down from the distribution network?
Domains will remain visible with BIN prices everywhere, with no BIN on the lander.

Last edited:
•••
Domains will remain visible with BIN prices everywhere, with no BIN on the lander.

But what if the seller no longer wants to sell at the former BIN price? Do they have to remove all the listings at Afternic, and then resubmit with "make offer" only?

And also, at that point, those domains listed directly on AN would no longer be eligible for the distribution network?

•••
But what if the seller no longer wants to sell at the former BIN price? Do they have to remove all the listings at Afternic, and then resubmit with "make offer" only?

And also, at that point, those domains listed directly on AN would no longer be eligible for the distribution network?
Strictly speaking, it isn't a Make Offer template, but Request Price template on the lander.

Changing the lander to Request Price will not change existing distribution of BIN priced domains in the background.

In the scenario you describe, it's just a matter of changing BIN prices for your existing listings, as usual. No removal/re-add is necessary first.

•••
How is that possible if I remove the buy now prices ?

I’m already using request price landers

•••
How is that possible if I remove the buy now prices ?

I’m already using request price landers

If you remove prices then obviously BIN won't be available.

Your original post referred to "make an offer" which is a landing page setting which is why I think there are some mixed messages here.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think there is a "make offer" lander/page strictly speaking at AN. The price request page is all you get I think. If you get a price request and you don't have a BIN price the AN agent will ask you to submit one and a floor price for them to negotiate with so you will almost always need a BIN price regardless of the lander.

If you want a true "make offer" page where you can haggle/negotiate you can switch to DAN landers.

This is just as I remember it. Maybe @Future Sensors can confirm?

•••
This is just as I remember it. Maybe @Future Sensors can confirm?
Thanks, sounds about right. I'm using BIN+Floor+Min on all my domains myself, also on price request landers. Without a BIN set, I think Floor is just the only field that is really needed for the AN broker to do the (final) negotiatons on your behalf. Combined with some private comments to tell them about your desired outcome and strategy.

@GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for tagging us @Future Sensors.

Here's how it works:

Buy it Now and the Distribution Network
We always recommend pricing your domain names for maximum exposure on the Afternic Distribution Network. Afternic's Premium Network requires domain names to be priced. For eligible domains, the Premium Network provides increased exposure (https://www.afternic.com/fast-transfer). Removing Buy it Now prices from Afternic can affect the exposure of your domain.

What happens if I keep my Buy it Now price and change my lander?
Your domain names will continue to show up across Afternic's Distribution Network if your domain is priced, regardless of the lander you use.

What happens if I remove my Buy it Now price and use the Request Price lander?
Removing your Buy it Now price may affect the exposure of your domain names on the Afternic Distribution Network. In terms of using the Request Price lander, once a potential buyer contacts an Afternic broker, they will reach out to you and ask you to include a Buy it Now price and Floor price to effectively negotiate.

Where's the Make Offer lander?
Afternic is introducing a Make Offer function for landers later this year. Stay tuned!

•••
And now for the kicker: What happens if you only use Afternic via Dan.com?

If you remove the BIN, they get removed from Afternic, just like when you add a BIN they get added.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back