Domain Empire

video Two Non-.Com Commercials

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I am not a huge television watcher, but I was watching some TV last night, and I saw two interesting commercials. Each of these commercials featured a non .com domain name. One commercial was a tourism spot for Israel, and it used a .Travel domain name, and the other commercial was a movie preview that used a .Movie domain name.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pretty sure there was no domain name advertised throughout that commercial, at least not one any one noticed.

•••
Pretty sure there was no domain name advertised throughout that commercial, at least not one any one noticed.

The .TRAVEL domain appears in the last few seconds of the commercial.

•••
The .TRAVEL domain appears in the last few seconds of the commercial.
Yes, but my mind was focused on other things and you can't tell right away that's a URL and most people not into domaining definitely wouldn't either. ngltds are/were DOA...

•••
Yes, but my mind was focused on other things and you can't tell right away that's a URL and most people not into domaining definitely wouldn't either. ngltds are/were DOA...
I agree that the placement is subtle and would require you to pay attention if you wanted to know more about what the ad was pitching, but it is standard advertisement convention to place the website/call-to-action/contact information at the end of an ad. The 1st 90% of an ad is to grab the viewers attention. whether this was a new TLD or legacy TLD, does not matter. The placement would have probably been the same if this have been a .COM.

•••
Yes, but everyone knows .com... nearly no one knows .travel...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back